CCNA Exam: Comments for Cisco

Unanswered Question
Jun 16th, 2007

Just a note to the Cisco folks: I thought the CCNA exam was a very challenging exam. I thought that I aced the it, but I didn't. I just want to say that I hope all the Cisco exams remain very difficult, and the exam process doesn't turn into a revenue generation source for Cisco. All too often, when people can't pass exams, the standards are lowered, and the certifications become worthless. Keep making those exams harder.....

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jnatt Tue, 06/19/2007 - 08:35

I just took the 801 exam and missed it by 115 points. I had gotten my CCNA originally in 1999 and let it lapse due to work travel and all. I found this one much harder than what I remember in 1999. I am proud that I failed and agree the harder the better.

alwing4066 Sun, 06/24/2007 - 19:13

I agree. I passed the test back in 2000. Life happened and I let it slip also. I have since failed twice but increased my score each time. I missed it by 53 points the first time & 28 points the second time around. This was back in January '07. After a move and job change I am ready to study up again.

It was humbling to have failed twice. The test is a lot harder now than back then and looking back I am glad that it is. Makes us all 'earn' it if you know what I mean.

I just hope the ~5 month hiatus in studying won't hurt this third attempt. I see I have until November before the 801 gets retired. Good luck all!!

This Discussion