cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1100 Radio upgrade from B to G fails.

imilne
Level 1
Level 1

1100 running IOS 12.3(8)JA2. Upgraded the radio from b to g with AIR-P121AG-A-K9. When the AP powers up with the G radio it gives the following error message when loading 5101.img from flash tar file- Interface Dot11Radio0, failed - Radio configuration failed, cmd 1 (0,0,0) status 7F01 (1,0,0) and the 802.11G radio status shows Software Disabled and Hardware Down.

Putting the b radio back into the AP allows it to power up okay but it loads 5001.img not 5101.img...

So, the question is, is it a faulty 51001.img file or is the radio faulty?

Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ian,

Here is a very similar thread from last December. It seems that the new Radio module purchased from a third party (with none of the identifying stickers) may have been intended for the wrong country (ETSI or Japan)I have seen this a number of times. Have a look;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Getting%20Started%20with%20Wireless&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddcff38/7#selected_message

Hope this helps! Please let us know your resolution :)

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I had read the thread but not sure it is applicable (happy to expand if needed).

I did discover that the radio is actually a AIRMP31G although labelled 21G. What I think is happening is that when IOS tries to read certain parameters/settings in the radio during power up that they are not at the right memory locations and it gets an error. For example I can not set the power level using the CLI. It shows an incorrect list of values - <0-264783122> not the normal {1|5|20|} etc and will not accept any value, so power level is zero. When I replace the radio with the old one all the CLI syntax/values are correct and work.

Could not find out much about the 31G radio apart from it appears to be for the 1200.

Will keep everyone updated.

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card