cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGX question

cnuvo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MGX ATM switch with RPM, on the RPM, the switches subinterfaces (Interface switch 1.1) are configured as multipoint. I was told that on the MGX you have to use PBR to force the traffic into a specific PVC (logical) and you can not relay on the routing. Is that true? I'm not really a MGX guy.. Thanks for your help..

1 Reply 1

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

No the RPM of the MGX is a fully capable router that does everything a router can do, all that you should do is to logically cross-connect (using addcon) the PVCs to its specific switch subinterface (which is an ATM interface which is connected via the backplane of the MGX to all the other cards in the MGX), if for example your PVC is coming from the FRSM or AUSM you'll have to do cross-connection from the RPM to the FRSM or AUSM.

After you have configured your PVC, you can freely configure whatever routing you require with no constrains.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card