Views
Helpful
Replies

AD group mapping to ACS

balsheikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to create a series of group mapping between a single Windows group and a single ACS group. I am using a 4.1 ACS Appliance with a Windows ACS Remote Agent on a AD installed.

I can add the database successfully and map to the domain. When I create a new configuration, the Windows groups enumerate correctly. I configured downloadable ACL associated with each mapped group and when I used credentials created locally it prompted me for username and password and things going fine but when I used credentials reside on AD no actions had been taken. I checked the reports for the failed attempts I noticed the Authen-Failure-Code is Internar error.

Any helpful comments.

4 Replies 4

darpotter
Level 5
Level 5

If you ever see "Internal Error" in the failed attempts it means you need TAC support.

Basically a condition has arisen that the engineer who wrote the software didnt explictely handle. In other words a bug.

Hi Darpotter,

Its interesting to hear that from you, I'm ganna to open a case and I'll update you.

Many thx,

Belal

Hello,

finally I have good news, The W2k3(R2) caused this issue. I installed the RA on a member server running W2k3 standard edition and magically RA start working and authintication had ben done successfully.

Note:

This recommendation not from the TAC enginner, from a gentleman experienced the same issue before.

Many thx

Dear Mr Belal,

I had the same issue 2 weeks back, and finally i did the same action you have told us about, and i cannt belive my eyes as it's started working perfectly :)

Many Thanks as it was a big headache on me.

Hasan