ISDN & Frame Relay on New BSCI Exam?

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2007

Is ISDN & Frame Relay covered on the new BSCi exam?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Firestarter24 Mon, 06/18/2007 - 03:43

i'm also interested if frame-relay is covered in the new BSCI exam.

So, if somebody knows, please share you knowledge :)

Wilson Samuel Mon, 06/18/2007 - 04:36

Technically speaking, ISDN and FR are slowly saying good bye to the WAN world and getting past the glorious times when they were serving the entire world, being replaced by more efficient and manageable services like MPLS and DSL (instead of ISDN) and IPSec.

Hence Cisco has changed all the contents of the CCNP Exams which were more common in the yesteryears, and after taking good look in all the CCNP Exams esp. the BSCI and ISCW, dont get a single clue the FR and ISDN would still be tested.

Also, I believe the same (ISDN and FR) has been moved from CCNP to CCNA exam(s).

Finally, please give a look to the exam blueprints below and that will definitly help you better preparing for the exams.

All the Best!

I hope that helps, if it helps, please rate.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Firestarter24 Mon, 06/18/2007 - 05:23

Thank you!

Yes i know that ISDN and frame-relay are subjects in CCNA, and i was hopping cisco gets rid of them in CCNP.

i was asking because in the CCNP curriculum at OSPF chapter, one lab is about OSPF over frame relay; the point of that lab is to show ospf over non-broadcast environment (FR) so i agree with you :)

This Discussion