Views
Helpful
Replies

transmit-delay

shaila_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys, i have 2 questions plz tell me

1) wat benefit i can get by changing the value of transmit-delay from 1 to something else ???

2) is there any possible way of preferring inter-area routes over intra-area ?? i checked ospf faq and it said that we cant but we can do it also by changing the ospf process, my question is can i do it without changing the process ???

plz tell me

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As for OSPF I do not believe that there is any way to get OSPF to prefer an inter-area route over an intra-area route. I am not clear what kind of change you could make in the OSPF process that would do this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hmm ok but wat abt the transmit-delay question ?? wat possible benefit can i get by changing its default value ??

plz tell me this also

Hi ,

To set the estimated time required to send a link-state update packet on the interface, use the ip ospf transmit-delay .

Defaults

1 second

Usage Guidelines

Link-state advertisements (LSAs) in the update packet must have their ages incremented by the amount specified in the seconds argument before transmission. The value assigned should take into account the transmission and propagation delays for the interface.

If the delay is not added before transmission over a link, the time in which the LSA propagates over the link is not considered.

****** This setting has more significance on very low-speed links.

Examples

The following example sets the retransmit delay value to 3 seconds:

interface ethernet 0

ip ospf transmit-delay 3

Hope it clarifies your dought...

Thanks,

Satish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card