Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the 857w support WPA2?

adgzer0106
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry if this is a daft question or in the wrong forum but I am pulling my hair out with this one. According to the spec the 857w router does support WPA2 but I can't for the life of me get it to show up in the configs anywhere. If it does support it does it need a special IOS version or ROM upgrade? If so has anyone any idea which one?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andy,

This is not a daft question at all :) It looks like support for WPA2 was added in;

New Software Features in Release 12.4(11)XJ

Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) - CCMP

This feature supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2) which is the Wi-Fi Alliance specification for interoperable wireless LAN security that supports IEEE 802.11i authentication and AES-CCMP encryption.

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6706/prod_release_note09186a00807ab649.html#wp351065

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the confirmation. I was afraid you might say that as I have tried that specific IOS twice and both times it has crashed my router and I've had to use xmodem to recover. Oh what joy ;o). Maybe third time lucky but thanks for confirming as I was beginning to think I was going mad.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Have you tried XJ2 or XJ3/ In the doc that I sent have a look at the resolved caveats between XJ and XJ2 (THERE IS A BOATLOAD) perhaps one of the newer versions would be worth a try.

Just a thought,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card