Views
Helpful
Replies

call dropping in middle of converstation

derekgaeth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue between a Cisco AS5400 and Mitel phones. Randomly in the middle of a conversation the outbound voice seems to drop. We can still hear the person on the other end of the phone, but they cannot here us. We have two E1 as out outbound trunks. Any ideas?

Cheers

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Which IOS do you have on the 5400 ?

Hi

Cisco IOS Software, 5400 Software (C5400-IS-M), Version 12.4(7c), RELEASE SOFTWA

RE (fc2)

Thanks

Recent version, still I would try upgrade to 12.4(latest) and if still present begin with debugs to identify on which conditions it happens/.

mark.hall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cant help you directly, however I've been working on a very simular problem myself for the last 2 months. My problems are from Cisco IP phone to Ip phone, and from IP phone to PSTN world where the RTP stream simply drops half way through the conversation. A workaround I have found is to press then press again the hold button (ie put the caller on hold then release) which re creates the RTP stream. My problem seems to happen more after a conversation lasts greater than six minutes!!!!!!

pranabgaya
Level 1
Level 1

in both router's global config add this

line

(config)#voice rtp send-recv

try and feedback.

We binned the Mitel phones and replaced them with Linksys. We have not had any issues since. I will never go near a Mitel phone again. Huge waste of time and the support for them is very poor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: