cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no-xauth, no-config-mode

logintck
Level 1
Level 1

What is the meaning of [no-xauth, no-config-mode]?

Disable VPN Software connection if run [no-xauth, no-config-mode]?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shomar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

no-xauth is used the extended authentication, that is to have the user prompted for a user name and password before connecting

no-config-mode is used to disable pushing data to the user connecting through the VPN client like the ip address, the DNS server, WINS server ....

both of the above are mandatory to exist when connecting using a software VPN client.

I hope that the above answers your questions.

Kindest regards,

Shadi`

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

shomar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

no-xauth is used the extended authentication, that is to have the user prompted for a user name and password before connecting

no-config-mode is used to disable pushing data to the user connecting through the VPN client like the ip address, the DNS server, WINS server ....

both of the above are mandatory to exist when connecting using a software VPN client.

I hope that the above answers your questions.

Kindest regards,

Shadi`

If I would like make connection through VPN client, how I can do it?

Hi,

By default, Xauth and config mode are enabled for VPN traffic, which means that you don't have to enable it.

usually disabling this traffic is done for site to site VPN tunnels.

following is a configuration example for configuring PIX and VPN client, I hope it would be helpful :)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_configuration_example09186a00801e71c0.shtml

K.Regards,

Shadi`

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: