cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP monitoring for EoMPLS virtual circuit

vital-group
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to implement SNMP-based monitoring of an MPLS layer-2 tunnel. The desired result would be the same as the output from the following command:

"sh mpls l2transport vc"

I have configured the router to generate SNMP traps based on LDP changes, but this is not specific to the status of the EoMPLS tunnel.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Polling to these MIB values would have your task accomplished.

1) VC status <--> cpwVcOperStatus

2) If you need outbound staus <--> pwVcInboundOperStatus

3) Inbound status <--> cpwVcOutboundOperStatus

And here is the link for list of MIB objects for L2VPN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808194e1.html

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Swaroop,

Thanks for the info. This works great on 12.4 and 12.2SB. I forgot to mention that I'm actually looking for a solution for CAT 6500 + Supervisor 720 running 12.2SX. I don't think these particular MIB values exist on this platform :(

Any ideas?

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-IETF-PW-MIB.my

Here is a link for the MIB supported in 7600/6500. And this covers the MIB for PW status as well.

Use the IOS 12.2SR. And I believe your task would be accomplished.

Please let me know if I could be of any more help.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-IETF-PW-MIB.my

Here is a link for the MIB supported in 7600/6500. And this covers the MIB for PW status as well.

Use the IOS 12.2SR. And I believe your task would be accomplished.

Please let me know if I could be of any more help.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

The Supervisor 720 on 7600 will run 12.2SR, but unfortunately I have a 6500 chassis.

Swaroop,

Unfortunately it seems the 6500 will only run 12.2SX. According to the Cisco IOS MIB locator this does not support the CISCO-IETF-PW-MIB.

I am quite surpised, since this is supposed to be Cisco's flagship multilayer switch.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

I am not sure of you post, as the IOS compatibilty is with the supervisor.

And since you have a Sup720, this supervisor is compatible with 12.2SR as well.

Chassis wont matter.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Yes, thats funny and true..SUP-720 on 6500 doesnt support 12.2SR as per SW Advisor.

I dont think there is any technical limitation to do so. But it probably is a internal business limitation.

The BU which own up SR is different from the BU who was working on till SX, hence the stark contrast.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: