cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.X backup image

jtoque
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, i'm trying to find any product that allow us to make a complete backup image of my unix based Callmanagers 5.1(2). I was used to work with Symantec BackupExec (Ghost like image) on CallManager running 4.X but for the moment there is no equivalent for callmanager 5.X

Does anyone have already perform this kind of backup ? Which software can i use for this purpose ?

Thanks a lot.

Julien.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You don't have the option to install agents on the Linux platform, and you probably won't get remote instigated backups to run as they will not be able to get file system access.

CallManager can kick out a backup on a schedule (configured from CCMAdmin, use the drop down menu on the top right and select 'Disaster Recovery'). This backup is output to an SFTP destination, and from there you can back it up using your standard backup software.

If you need to rebuild the server, you can do so with the DVD and this backup if it's the publisher (it's reasonably fast).

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!