Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH setting in Device Pool

bluejays
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In CCM 4.2(3), there is no MOH audio source setting in the Device Pool any more...So How can I change the MOH audio source for each device pool? If I change the cluster-wide setting under CCM services, do I have to do a cluster reboot?

Thx

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Callmanager 4.2 has new entity called Common Profile where you spcify the MOH, then you apply the Common Profile to the device.

Basically CM 4.2 has taken some of the fields away from Device Pool while introducing others, and placed them in this new Common Profile.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_2/sys_ad/4_2_3/ccmcfg/b06cmprf.htm

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

What happend if I have a 1500 devices in a particular device pool and I just want to change these phones to use different MOH...and keep the other DPs use the default?

So that means I have to manually change 1500 phones? The common device profiles doesn't apply to DP either......I think the DP is the better place to apply common setting...

Thought?

You can use BAT.

Chris

Oh, well..........Cisco just makes us do more click than before by taking this setting off the device pool......

There is always a way around it.......but does it make sense? Is it better that way? I can't agree.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: