INTRO Exam - Simulations

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2007

I just wanted to get some feedback from anyone out there who has taken the 2 test format to get their CCNA. I've been studying with the Cisco Press INTRO guide, and have been doing practice exams with the simulations. Most of the simulations are fairly routine tasks (add an IP address to an interface, change a password, etc.), but I am curious whether the simulations are of the same difficulty on the real INTRO exam. I've looked at some of the ICND simulations, and they appear to be much more involved than the INTRO simulations.

I'm going to be studying hard for the next 4 days - I'm taking the INTRO test on Friday. If anyone can give me some general helpful hints, in addition to any input on the INTRO simulations, I would greatly appreciate it!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jacob.botha Mon, 06/18/2007 - 09:08

I took the ccna 640-801 about three years ago and when i look back now my fears were the same about simulations,as far as I can remember the simulations are very basic configurations the best way to prepare is to get your own lab, if you have your own lab then don't panic about it.good luck!

bhavdeepsingh Mon, 06/18/2007 - 14:34

I just cleared my 640-801 single exam four days back.. and my experience is that if you have done enough practical in your lab, or while training to understand the concepts. i dont think there would be any problem with simulations.

Simulations are reletively easier then the conceptual questions. yes make sure you prepare All SHOW Commands for diffrent topics

Best of Luck.

atbreen14217 Tue, 06/19/2007 - 06:10

Thanks for the helpful hints and advice. My concern is that the INTRO portion of the CCNA will throw something at me that I'm not expecting (i.e. ACL's) for this part of the course. Thus far, I've been successful at the INTRO lab simulations, so I have some confidence in my ability to answer the INTRO simulations up to this point.

Thanks again!

This Discussion