ccie lab-resources

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2007

Hi,

I have manage to come to a point where some of you may have been before, I,m on me final push to the lab exam and need to find some resources that I can use for my final preparation,Testking offers practise labs Have any one used them?And are they any goog,what other recources can I use?I have got me own Lab so its handy just to get moc exams to practise.

Regards

Jacob.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
compsolv Mon, 06/18/2007 - 09:31

I would personally never trust a TestKing or related Web site with my credit card info.

I would also never trust their materials.

Since you have your own equipment, it sounds like you want some printed mock labs with solutions.

I can personally recommend www.netmasterclass.com and www.internetworkexpert.com. Each offer workbooks that contain mock labs and their solutions.

Anthony J. Sequeira

swmorris Mon, 06/18/2007 - 10:39

There are many vendors out there such as TestKing that purport to have either real labs, or high quality labs, but you need to look into the people behind those products and how readily accessible they are.

Anyone can come up with a lab and tell everyone how great it is, or how accurate it is... (this is how places like TK get going, isn't it?)

Look at a workbook that actually gives you a learning path. At IPexpert, we do this by starting out with individual technologies, and then building up to increasingly complex multiprotocol labs in order to give you a training path.

Best yet, unlike other vendors who keep piece-mealing things together until they come up with something resembling a training path, we have been doing this same basic method for many, many years now.

There are many vendors out there which have good products. But looking at any one piece is not going to give you everything you need along your path to CCIE. Hard work was never easy. :)

Take a look at companies like IPexpert, NetMasterClass (NMC), and Internetworkexipert, and look at all of the pieces involved to think through your training path.

As far as 'good' goes, any sort of experience is good experience! The fact that anyone's product can make you think through things and present different learning scenarios to you can do a lot for your training.

Most of the drive though, has to come from you! Like I said, spend some time and look at the products and the people behind the products and you'll find different things to help you out.

I would not advise wasting money on TK or other places with a few labs here or there.

Just my two cents.

Scott

[email protected]

jacob.botha Mon, 06/18/2007 - 11:17

Hi Scott,

I thank you for very proffesional advice, I have been working on the lab for about six moths now but I personally feel I need to step it up a gear to the final show down and you advice has certianly gave me options to take into consideration.

regards.

Jacob.

Actions

This Discussion