The two paths

Unanswered Question
Jun 18th, 2007

I took two years of Cisco NetAcad in high school, and now as a senior in college I want to pass it for my resume. I have worked in the IT sector since high school, so I feel reading through the curriculum again and doing sims will suffice.

My question is for those NetAcad-ers out there, would you recommend the 2 part or single exam. And which semesters line up with each of the 2 exams if you went that way.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Patrick Laidlaw Thu, 06/21/2007 - 15:15

Hello,

Being I've never been to the Network Acadamy for Cisco but have seen some of the stuff from them. I would say you are best prepared for the two tests. Especially from two years ago.

I highly recommend you pick up the current Certification ICND & I can't remember the other book from Cisco PRess and read those before going and testing for CCNA.

Patrick

Please rate any helpful posts.

dubselig1 Thu, 06/21/2007 - 16:48

I have access to all the curriculum, all four semesters. Do I really need to buy more material?

Patrick Laidlaw Sat, 06/23/2007 - 14:00

Well you don't have to buy any material. If you don't want to but the tests change on a regular basis. The training you had two years ago may be on a different focus than what there testing for now. Most certifications tests usually focus on current technologies, especially newer technolgies that Cisco would like to push out to the market.

Patrick

vmzyece1977 Mon, 06/25/2007 - 17:06

Yes, I would recommend you getting more stuff. If possible get Boson simulator, this helps you out have a feel of practising what you learn, infact if your budget is good enough, get some real routers from ebay. This will help you out greatly and lots of info from cisco.com.

I hope this will help you!

dubselig1 Tue, 06/26/2007 - 05:10

Well now I am a bit confused. So I am looking for just Cisco Acadamy graduates. Because I have the 3.1 curriculum from Cisco that is updated on their site. Also, isnt PacketTracer just as good as the Boson simulator?

Actions

This Discussion