cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID being stripped on outgoing calls

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

Hope someone has a solution or something regarding this. Callmanager 4.1, 7961 phone. External phone number mask sometimes is not sent when making an outgoing call, the AS5350 is instead seeing the 4 digit DN being sent. Of course when this happens, the call fails with cause code 28. This seems to happen to certain numbers only.

Any Ideas?

7 Replies 7

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

The issue may be due to the strip option configured on the command

loopback-dn dn-tag [forward number-of-digits | strip number-of-digits] [prefix prefix-digit-string] [suffix suffix-digit-string] [retry seconds] [auto-con] [codec {g711alaw | g711ulaw}]

strip number-of-digits?(Optional) Number of leading digits to be stripped from the original called number before forwarding to the other ephone-dn in the loopback-dn pair. Range is from 1 to 32. Default is to not strip any digits.

Example:

Router(config-ephone-dn)# loopback-dn 24 forward 15 prefix 415353....

That would make sense if we were using CME, but we are using CCM 4.1 with an H323 Gateway. Somewhere along the path from the phone to the gateway, the external phone number mask is being replaced with the directory number. When that happens we get an ISDN cause code 28 on the AS5350 and the caller gets a fast busy.

Sounds like you may be in the route plan (for outgoing calls ), make sure that you are using the Calling Party's external number mask, under Calling party transformations.

It is, thats what the confusing part is. I can make the call 4 times, and half the time it goes through with the caller ID, the other half with the DN.

Do you have multiple DPs on the GW ?

Can you send the DP config masking sensitive numbers if any ?

There are a few. All of the POTS dial-peers that send calls out have no digit-strip configured on them, so the dial-peers were already ruled out, and in fact should have no bearing on this since the DN doesn't match the DID for the examples I have. I get call examples that will show the DN to a number, and then call the same number again and the DID is there. I think it is somehow in the Callmanager that this is happening. When I first got the case, I setup a spare phone and mirrored the customers phone with the exception of the line information, I left off the did and caller name. I made a test call to the numbers in question while running debug isdn q931, and caught the call in progress. I found it got cause code 28. I next went and added the DID to the line information, placed another call to the same number and it went through, aha problem solved. Wrong, the persons line was configured with the DID information, so that wasn't it. At this point I don't know where to look as it is intermittent and not just to this one customer, but to several on this system going out this one trunk group. I have a ticket open with the carrier, Level3, but they have not done much to help, even with several hundred call examples.

I found and verified the route patterns for these area codes and they are setup with the calling party's external mask. Digit strip is pre dot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: