cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Third Party SIP Phone and CM 5.x

tpolimine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im new to SIP, but have been working with CallManager for years. I can successfully configure a Cisco 79xx phone running SIP in CallManager, but having problems registering a 3rd party phone. Im sure im missing something. Im working with a Polycom IP500 running SIP 2.0.3.0.127. Does anyone have any tips on 3rd party SIP phone configuration? BTW, the phone seems to be recognized by the CallManager, its has the IP address and Registration state says "Rejected".

Thanks in advance,

Tom...

14 Replies 14

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom

I've been trying this this week with my Nokia E61 (no luck yet) but this document may be of use:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_1/nci/p01/b09sip3p.htm

I'm going to try with a softphone next..

I think the main difference is to do with how 3rd party phones authenticate.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I have configured like 5-6 type of SIP phones to Cisco CCM 5.

Including Nokia E61 (registering without any problems to Asterisk and CCM5), Linksys, Aastra, GrandStream.

The only crap that makes troubles are the TigerNetcom IPPH phones, but their SIP stack is a mess.

For Nokia E61, watch what realm has been configured on the CCM. It must match the realm of the Nokia E61. Show me a SIP debug output and I will tell you what to correct.

Aaron, thanks the link was useful, i did get it working finally. The most important thing i was missing was an external TFTP sever.

thanks

Tom...

Good to hear!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

I have a Nokia E65 SIP client registred with CCM 5.0.

I'm ablle to performn calls to internal extensions and external PSTN numbers with no problem. Whenever I receive a PSTN call to the SIP client's DDI, I get the call alarm, but when I pick up the call I hear nothing, and the person making the call through the PSTN keeps hearing the calling tone.

Any ideas about what might be causing this?

I've tried with a Cisco SIP phone and didn't get this problem. But with the HP iPAQ500 I get the exact same beahviour as the Nokia.

BR,

Pedro

Wait,

guys, i have a E65 Nokia and thought i had to purchase the Nokia Client Connector software for it to work with CCM....was i wrong?.. if so thats good news. if its just a matter of configuring the phone please shed some light on the steps. we have CCM 5.1.2

thanks in advance

Hi again,

As I said before we are strugllig with some difficulties with the implementation, but there is a free SIP client in the nokia. The problem is that neither Cisco nor Nokia provide any support to this client. This means that if you choose to use the Nokia SIP client, whenever a problem rises, you can count with.... yourself!!!

This is were I am right now, so any HELP WILL BE WELCOME :).

I still can't receive calls from the PSTN to the SIP client's DDI.

By "Nokia Client Connector software" do you mean the Intelisync SCCP client for Nokia?

By

BR,

Pedro

yes thats the software i was just wondering what the steps were to have the SIP client configured. i pulled a config from a forum but it didnt work.

most likely im probably not doing it properly

Well, I have good news!!! Yesterday I got it to work correctly. At least for now. So... here go the configuration steps:

First configure the Phone:

Profile name: (you decide)

Service Profile: IETF

Default Access Point: (define the access point)

Public user name: 1000(your extension)

Use Compression: No

Use Security: no

Proxy server settings

Proxy server address: sip:(your callmanager IP)

Realm: ccmsipline

User name: 1000 (your extension)

Password: (your password)

Allow loose routing: Yes

Transport Type: UDP

Port: 5060

Registrar Server Settings

Registrar serv. addr.: sip: (your callmanager IP)

User Name: 1000 (your extension)

Password: (your password)

The Realm is the really tricky catch with this phones.

Usually the SIP clients can get this parameter in the registration process.

The SIP registration process is made in two parts. In the first attempt the registration fails, but in the rejection packet the SIP client can extract the REALM. Somehow the Nokia SIP client doesn't do this.

So if it still doesn't work you can allways capture the registration process with a sniffer and see if the realm is correct. But for what I've seen "ccmsipline" is the default.

Somehow I have never found anyone mentioning this in any forum!!!!

After you configured the Phone you have to create an end user and a device in the CallManager.

Create a user with the following parameters :

• User ID : 1000 (your extension)

• Password : (your password)

• PIN : (your password)

• Last name : (you choose)

• First name : (you choose)

• Telephone number : 1000 (your extension)

and create the device

From Cisco Callmanager Administration page, from the menu select Device > Phones, and click add new button.

For the phone type select Third Party SIP Device (basic), and click next.

On the Phone configuration page, use the following parameter :

• MAC Address :______(MAC address of the SIP IP Phone)

• Device Pool : (your device pool)

• Phone button template : Third-Party SIP Device (Basic)

• SIP Phone security profile : Non Secure SIP Profile auth by string

• SIP Profile : Standard SIP Profile

• Owner ID : 1000 (your extension and user)

• Digest User : 1000 (your exte

im going to try it today. thats great news. i think the customer will be very very pleased.

just for posting those great details here is a nice rating as well :)

thanks a mil

hello. i can't do that. when i select end user, because i have LDAP config, i cant creat a new user. i only have the users from domain. What i need to do to put my link sys sip phone work on my ccm 5.1 SCC Protocol.

I had similar problems but got it work after some packet sniffing. This is what I did

On Call Manager

Under User Management ->End User, set the Digest Credential password for a user that will use the SIP handset.

On the Phone configuration page, use the following parameter :

MAC Address :______(MAC address of the SIP IP Phone)

Device Pool : (your device pool)

Phone button template : Third-Party SIP Device (Basic)

SIP Phone security profile : Non Secure SIP Profile auth by string

SIP Profile : Standard SIP Profile

Digest User : (same one as you set digest credentials)

On Nokia

Profile name: (you decide)

Service Profile: IETF

Default Access Point: (define the access point)

Public user name: @

Use Compression: No

Use Security: no

Proxy server settings

Proxy server address: sip:(your callmanager IP)

User name:

Password:

Allow loose routing: Yes

Registrar Server Settings

Registrar serv. addr.: sip: (your callmanager IP)

User Name:

Password:

For some reason Nokia fails to register if I change realm from cisco default (ccmsipline). If anyone knows how to change this default happy for a reply....

Just so people know, after configuring a Siemens Optipoint and having a great deal of problems getting it to register, make sure the username is exactly as it appears in the ccm - it is case sensitive.

Hi,

If you have LDAP integration you must create the user on you LDAP database and resynch the CM DB with the LDAP DB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: