cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate issue

dmamattah
Level 1
Level 1

Most of my cisco devices interfaces have IP addresses. How do i resolve the duplicate IP address issue which keeps appearing in Alerts and Activities

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A true duplicate IP in your network is a bad thing. To keep DFM from showing duplicate alerts, you need to either unmanage the interfaces you do not care about, or correct the duplicate address on the network. To unmanage interfaces in DFM, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details.

thank you for your reply. Actually there are no true duplicate IP. Event details displays below information eventhough devices A,B and D have their unique IP, hostname and domain names

Event_Description Duplicate

Component IP-address of A [domain name of the device A]

Netmask

NetworkNumber

DuplicatedBySystems B, C,D, etc

Address IP address of A

what might be causing this?

thanks

DFM uses SNMP polling of the ipAddrTable to determine what IP addresses are configured on which interfaces. There was a bug where if a duplicate IP address had occurred, and was fixed, the event would not clear out of DFM. That should be fixed now, but if it still happens, you can manually clear the event, then it should not come back. Note: you need to be running DFM 2.0.6 or higher for these fixes.

Will installing Microsoft Service pack 2 have any cause any problem to

Ciscoworks LMS 2.6,

RME 4.0.5,

Ciscoview 6.1.5

campus manager 4.0.8

IPM 2.6

Fault Manager 2.0.8

Yes. Currently, Windows 2003 SP2 is not supported by LMS 2.6. LMS 3.0, however, does support SP2.

Is there a work around with installing the SPK2

You have to uninstall (i.e. back down to SP1) it if you want TAC support.

dmamattah
Level 1
Level 1

How do i generate a report for only Active Connected Ports for all my switches and routers in RME. I dont want the report to contain ports which are down

There is no way to get this report in RME. Campus Manager 5.0 offers a report that does provide this information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: