Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility errors ?

sr2290723
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a problem with my deployment. Currently we have deployed over 1500 phones using 1 publisher and 3 subscribers. We're using CCM 4.1(3)sr4d and the IP phones 7911 and 7961.

Some users complained that some phones can contact him, but some others can't contact him and an announcement "Your call cannot be completed. Please consult your directory ..." is heard by the caller. All directory numbers in the company are in the same partition and included in every CSS I made. The problem resolved when I ask the user to log out and log in again at the phone. This happened quite often in my client. Although this is resolved, I can't ask users logout and login every time the problem occurs since this won't stop the problem from occurring. I think this problem may come from extension mobility feature or a large number of users. Can someone help me on this problem ? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot,

Wiyandi

5 Replies 5

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

Creating a user and associating to a phone can solve the problem.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080093f55.shtml

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think associating to a user would not help as using the EM feature, you would associate a user to a device profile.

Usually when I get this error message, it is usually caused by a conflict of the route patterns or translation patterns or a wrong CSS configuration. Have you tried doing some isolation? Example, does this problem happen to all users or a single user? Is this in a remote site connected over a WAN?

Maybe you can try configuring a directory on the phone configuration instead of a device profile. If the problem still occurs, this is not a extension mobility problem.

If it is a EM problem, have u tried a restart of the tomcat service? or better reboot the CCMs?

Sorry for guessing, just trying to help.

Eugene

Yup, thanks for your input. I found that the problem happens randomly in three locations, but the similarity is that they are registered to one of my subscriber server.

I suggest that may be there is a directory connection problem between this subscriber and the publisher server when that problem happens. Take a example, when user A log in, the data is written to the publisher server. If the connection between subscriber and publisher is not well established, when someone (user B) calls user A, user B will check the subscriber whether user A is exist, and the subscriber answers that user A is not exist. That's why the "Your call cannot be completed..." can happen. What do you think ?

I'm still checking the patterns, whether there is any conflict, because there are hundreds of patterns here, and I'm alone :) Thanks so much, Eugene.

Wiyandi

Hi Wiyandi,

If what you suggest is correct, then there is a SQL replication problem between your publisher and subscribers.

Have you checked in the SQL enterprise manager, is there any errors in your replication. To confirm this, you can add a test phone in the Publisher webpage and you can go the CCMadmin webpage using the subscribers ip address instead and verify if that test phone exists in the other databases.

Do you have the DNA installed? if you have, it can help analyse ur call routes.

HTH,

Eugene

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

If it is a replication Problem you can notice whether the IP Phones that are unable to communicate are Registered on the same Server or not..ALso Viewing the Replication Tab from the SQL Enterprise Manager Console will ALert you with Any Replication Problem between the Servers.

Regards

M.Tag

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: