Views
Helpful
Replies

Server backup issue

berrecochea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I'am running LMS 2.6 and I want to schedule a daily backup from Common Services. When I select an immediate backup all runs successfully but when I select a daily backup in the same directory I get the error : Cannot schedule d:/Backup/CiscoWorks/.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think 2.6 will be different from 2.5 in this perspective.

In the log directory there is an appropriately named file I think backup.log that will hold a clue why it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Michel

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does casuser have access to the system scheduler on windows to schedule these backups? (at queue)

Thanks for your answer, in LMS 2.6 the backup log file is named dbbackup.log but there is no line corresponding to a scheduled backup. There is a Warning at the end which looks like a permission problem but the casuser has administrative privileges on my server. Can you help me ?

Can you copy and paste the error here?

Here is the whole log file, the error is at the last lines.

assuming there is no problem with permissions for the scheduler, it looks like a permission error for the backup directory; explicitly add casuser to have full permission on that directory;

I looks like the reason why an immediate backup is running relies on the way the adhoc backup is done: it always wants to have directory ..\0\ . And thisone exists, the process can overwrites the contents and all is ok, but the scheduler cannot create the next number necessary for a scheduled backup.

I have tried add full permission to casuser and to empty the backup directory but I get the same error message. Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Was this resolved, because I am seeing the same error?

Figured it out, I didn't have caususer in the cron.allow file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: