cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 525 Rebooting after upgrading to PIX 7.21

nmwauluka
Level 1
Level 1

Since I upgraded my PIX to version 7.21 from version 7.02 it has been rebooting randomly.

My hardware profile is as follows:

Hardware: PIX-525, 256 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 600 MHz

Flash E28F128J3 @ 0xfff00000, 16MB

BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB.

I have been sending debug messages to my syslog server but that dosn't indicate a reason for the reboting.

I recently also rebuilt the entire configuration on my PIX using ASDM 5.21 in case my configuration was buggy.

The processor on the PIX is running at 5% while memory utilisation is 83Mb.

How can I resolve the problem?

5 Replies 5

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

It's a problem with this version, I don't know if it's solved in 7.2.2 but for 7.2.1 the workaround is to disable ESMTP inspection.

On ASDM go to:

configuration-->security Policy-->Service Police Rules-->Global Police.....

Please rate if it help.

Hello

we have a memory problem with yours PIX 525 Firewall (7.2.1). The memory increase abnormaly. Regarding your post I check the esmtp inspection. It was disable.

Have you others information about this Bug

Thanks

There is a problem like this for ASA with IDS module, in the ASA the problem is only an interface problem I mean the ASDM shows an abnormal use of memory but your appliance is not really using it, you can check it going on the line command console and lookig at it with a show ver command.

arburt
Level 1
Level 1

Get the 'show crashinfo' to determine the threadname running before it rebooted. Try to check if the thread has an existing bug w/ the bug search tool. Or better yet, have the crashinfo stack decoded by cisco tac to nail down the cause of reboot.

regards,

arburt

jine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

my memory problem had resolved. Check yours numbers of UDP and TCP connections.

Check the time of hers life

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card