What should I do after being Certified?

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2007

I studied CCNP and took its certification but I feel that there is alot of information that i need to know and wasn't mention in the certification study guide.

what should i do next after taking the certifications so i become a real network professional?

Talal Habeeb

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Patrick Laidlaw Fri, 06/22/2007 - 00:24

I know a lot of people that gain there experience very quickly work in Customer Support NOC's, or try to find a Network consulting group. I worked for a large Network Support group for a government agency and found I didn't grow very fast over a three year span. When I moved and took a job with a network consulting group I felt like I learned more and increased my skills more in six months as a consultant than three years at the government agency.

jlhainy Fri, 06/22/2007 - 18:04

Get some experience! Certifications are great, however, I once had an interview many years ago where I was a CNE, but had no real hands on experience. My interviewer said that he was glad that I was certified, but because I had no experience to back it up, my certification was less valuable. That statement was an eye opener for me.

habeeb_talal Sat, 06/23/2007 - 00:02

Thank you all for the help, i think i should take alot of time to practice with all cisco technologies to be familiar with its commands,

This Discussion