Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking two 3750

tuva02100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

im just wondering, the things i have read uptil now, is that i just have to configure the priority for the stack master, and then connect the switches.

But, will the new stack member get the configuration from the stack master ? how does this work, if the master falls down ? I read that the member will take over.. but how do i check that its holding the same config as the originally stack master ?

Is there other things i should ba aware of ? ( i've checked the ios, its the same, and its running the same stack-protocol)

Thanks for quick answer.

-Tuva

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you connect the stack cables as required the stack looks like a multi slot chassis switch. Each switch will contain the complete config of both switches with the stackmaster doing duties as the main switch unless it dies then the 2nd switch will continue to run because it has a copy of the config in nvram . There is a way to log into the 2nd switch but I cant rememeber it right off the top of my head , might be a "remote" command .

thanx alot, i read how to be able to log into the other switches.. so the congfig is automaticly "downloaded" to a new member ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: