Views
Helpful
Replies

7200 router with BRI interfaces

justanas1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

i have a cisco 7204 Router with 7200-NPE-G2, and i want to install 2 BRI intrfaces on it to provide backup connections, i want to know what is the interfaces that can installed on this router to brovide BRI connections

Thanks

3 Replies 3

balajitvk
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The PA-8B-ST port adapter provides up to eight S/T-type BRI interfaces used to connect to an ISDN WAN through an external Network Termination 1 (NT1) device.

The PA-4B-U provides up to four BRI interfaces used to connect to an ISDN WAN through its internal NTI device.

Each PA-8B-ST and PA-4B-U interface consists of two bearer (B) channels that can transmit and receive data at the rate of 64 kbps, full-duplex, and one data (D) channel that can transmit and receive data at the rate of 16 kbps, full-duplex. The interfaces use an RJ-45 receptacle and standard straight-through twisted-pair cable.

Rate if it does,

Rgs.

dear balajitvk

Thank you, but the problem is that i cant find these modules(PA-8B-ST and PA-4B-U) when i work on the dynamic configuration tool

Thanks

dear sir,

an error appear in the configuration tool dectate that the NPE-G2 is not compatible with PA-8B-ST, so what i can do in this situation

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card