CCNA Employment

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2007

With CCNA certification where would one expect to get employment, example, ISP. What type of Salary can be expected roughly. I am just about to write my Network+ and will be working on my CCNA. Net+ is a good start to CCNA as there is some good overlap. There are so many certification I wan't to make sure I am working on something that will result in employment.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Edison Ortiz Tue, 06/19/2007 - 06:29

You should expect getting employment on a small to medium organization as a Jr Network Analyst under the supervision of Sr Network Analyst.

The salary can vary depending on your location. In the US (East Coast), you can command a salary between $25k-$40k a year (again depending on your experience, location and other job duties).

Good luck on your studies and remember, don't do it just for the money, do it because you love it.

jrensink78 Tue, 06/19/2007 - 12:53

I wouldn't rely on your certifications being the sole basis of getting hired at that level. Being able to couple certifications with experience makes them more valuable. Also, don't neglect the power of networking (social networking that is). Who you know can go a long way.

Actions

This Discussion