cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

initializing IPS4240

slug420
Level 1
Level 1

it has been a while since I have setup a new sensor...so I suspect I am missing something obvious.

Isnt the last main option from the series of setup questions (when you type setup at a prompt) supposed to ask you if you want to configure the virtual sensor? vs0 or something? And then let you select the interfaces you add to promiscuous or inline mode etc...? I am getting kicked back to the command prompt on the sensor ( "no changes have been made" ) as soon as I say I do not want to modify time settings...

4 Replies 4

attmidsteam
Level 1
Level 1

The virtual sensor is vs0. Say yes to the time settings and set the current time.. see if it will save the changes.

Otherwise, you don't have to use 'setup'; you can configure using the full 'conf t' CLI.

i have said yes to time and setup the time on the sensor....i know i could do it via conf t but wasnt/isnt it part of the setup menu? I coulda sworn it always has been in the past

What version? This was added after 4.1.x

Here is my 6.0.x 4240 sensor ...

Modify current access list?[no]:

Modify system clock settings?[no]:

Modify interface/virtual sensor configuration?[no]: yes

Current interface configuration

Command control: Management0/0

Unassigned:

Promiscuous:

GigabitEthernet0/0

GigabitEthernet0/1

GigabitEthernet0/2

GigabitEthernet0/3

Virtual Sensor: vs0

Anomaly Detection: ad0

Event Action Rules: rules0

Signature Definitions: sig0

Virtual Sensor: vs1

Anomaly Detection: ad1

Event Action Rules: rules1

Signature Definitions: sig1

[1] Edit Interface Configuration

[2] Edit Virtual Sensor Configuration

[3] Display configuration

Option:

5.x

that sequence you pasted is what i was thinking i should see on my sensor...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card