Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6500 with Sup720 or Sup32

Hi folks,

I can't seem to locate a 10/100/100 POE (pre-standard or standard) 48 port blade that takes advantage of the technologies beyond the shared 32GB bus. I see CEF enabled, but I need to scale to dCEF, which doesn't seem to be available. Are there any blades that support dCEF or will support dCEF?

Please Advise

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dennis

The WS-X6548-GE-45AF module is a 10/100/1000 PoE fabric-enabled CEF 256 module which means it has connection to the 32Gbps shared bus but also an 8Gbps dedicated connection to the switch fabric.

So you can utilise the 8Gbps connection with either a Sup720 or a Sup2 with an SFM (Switch Fabric Module).

You can't though use DFC's ( Distributed forwarding cards) on these modules.

HTH

Jon

m.sanuth
Level 1
Level 1

The 6748-GE-TX module should work fine w/dCEF as long as you purchase the additional 6700-dfc3 daughter card. Also, this configuration will only work w/Sup720.

Hi

I think the original poster was after a PoE module and the WS-X6748-GE-TX does not have PoE support.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card