Views
Helpful
Replies

CAR usage

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having CCM 5.0(4). I have enabled FAC for my users. I have assigned the authorization codes to each user on the FAC menu under Call Routing.

But I haven't created the same users under my Corporate Directory.

How to see the usage of outgoing calls with each FAC code ?

Thanks,

Pete

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

Here is the report that I think you are looking for. It will only look at 30 FAC Code Nmaes at a time;

Configuring Authorization Code Name Reports

Only CAR administrators can generate the Authorization Code Name report. You can generate a report that shows the originating and destination numbers, the date and time that the call originated, the call duration in seconds, the call classification, authorization code name, and the authorization level for calls that relate to each chosen authorization code name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note For security purposes, the authorization code does not display; instead, the authorization code name (description) displays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following procedure describes how to generate a report that shows the usage of specific authorization code names.

Caution Use CAR only during off-peak hours; otherwise, data collection and report generation could cause performance degradation on the Cisco CallManager system.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System Reports > FAC CMC > Authorization Code Name.

The Call Details for Authorization Code Name window displays a list of all authorization code names that are configured in the system.

Step 2 In the List of Authorization Code Names box, choose the code names that you want included in the report.

Note You can choose up to 30 code names.

Step 3 To add the chosen code name(s) to the Selected Authorization Code Names box, click the down button.

The report will include all code names, for which data is available, that are listed in this box.

Step 4 In the From Date and To Date pull-down list boxes, enter the date range of the period for which you want to see authorization code name information.

Step 5 In Report Format, choose the CSV radio button if you want the report to generate in CSV (comma separated value) format, or the PDF radio button if you want the report to generate in PDF (portable document format).

Step 6 Click View Report.

The report displays.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530997.html#wp1036674

This is where the Code name comes from - Authorization Code Name

Enter a unique name that is no more than 50 characters. This name ties the authorization code to a specific user or group of users; this name displays in the CDRs for calls that use this code.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b7ec4.html#wp1060300

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob for your great reply.

Now if I want to take report of a specific user for all his outgoing calls regardless of his usage of FAC what should I do ? ( Here FAC are only for International calls ).

Should he be listed under Corporate directory or anything additional need to be done ?

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

First off, you are most welcome :) The User can be tracked by Extension # in all of these reports, so there is no need to enter them in Corporate Directory for this. ( of course the Directory is an excellent feature) Have a look at the three Report types listed below, they should certainly have what you require;

Configuring CDR Search by User Extension

Only CAR administrators use the CDR search by user extension feature.

This section describes how to show the details of CDR data based on a user or extension. You can search CDR data by user name and extension. You can narrow the search by specifying both users and extensions in the same search.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose CDR > Search > By User/Extension.

The CDR Search by User Extension window displays.

Note You can enter a wildcard pattern like "!" or "X" to search on extensions. The "!" represents any n digit that has 0-9 as each of its digits, and the "X" represents a single digit in the range 0-9.

Step 2 Perform one of the following tasks:

To search CDRs based on extensions, enter the extension number in the Extension field and click the Add Extension button.

To search CDRs based on user, click the Search Extension(s) based on User(s) link, enter the first few letters of the first and/or last name in the First Name and/or Last Name fields, and click the Search button. When the results display, click the Select link next to the result that you want to include. Click the Close button.

The extension displays in the Selected Extension(s) box.

Step 3 Choose the date range of the period for which you want to see CDR data for the specified user or extension.

Step 4 Click the OK button.

The CDR-CMR Search Results window displays. If the search returns more than 100 records, a message indicates that the result will be truncated.

Step 5 To view the CMR data, click the Others button. To view both the CDR and CMR data fields, click the View button.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530986.html#wp1036756

If you are looking for more of a Traffic Summary (By Extension) use this;

Configuring Traffic Summary by Extensions

Only CAR administrators generate the traffic summary by extensions report. The report provides information about the call volume for a period and set of extensions that you specify.

This section describes how to generate, view, or mail a traffic summary report based on user extensions.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System Reports > Traffic > Summary By Extension.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530997.html#wp1037599

Or Detailed Billing Type Reorts;

Configuring Individual Bills

This section describes how to view, or mail, summary or detail information about users, managers, and administrators.

Procedure

Step 1 Perform one of the following tasks:

If you are a user or manager, choose Bills > Individual.

If you are a CAR administrator, choose User Reports > Bills > Individual.

The Individual Bill window displays.

Step 2 In the Report Type field, choose Summary or Detail.

Summary reports provide a summary of all calls for a chosen period (the total number of calls that were made and the charges that were incurred). Detailed reports provide the call types (Internal, Local, Long Distance, International, or On Net) for all calls over a chosen period.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530999.html#wp1024632

Hope this helps!

Rob

Has anyone found a way to create or configure the Traffic Summary by Extension report to show data for one specific extension? I see config for the default report, but I cannot find anywhere to specify an extension.

Hi Lamar,

Have a look at step # 4 :) This generates a nice report.

Step 1 Choose System Reports > Traffic > Summary By Extension.

The Traffic Summary based on Extension(s) window displays.

Step 2 In the Generate Report field, choose a time

Step 3 In the Select Call Types area, check the check boxes for the types of calls that you want to include in the report

Step 4 In the Select Extensions group box, you can either choose all extensions or search for extensions based on users.

Note You can enter a wildcard pattern like "!" or "X" to search on extensions. The "!" represents any n digit that has 0-9 as each of its digits, and the "X" represents a single digit in the range 0-9.

To choose all extensions, check the Select All Extensions check box. To choose extensions based on users,**** enter the extension number of the individual in the Extension field and click the Add Extension button.

Step 5 If you want the report in CSV format, choose CSV (comma separated value) in the Report Format area. If you want the report in PDF format, choose PDF (portable document format) in the Report Format area.

Step 6 Click the View Report button.

The report displays.

Step 7 If you want to mail the report, click the Send Report button.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Right. I've gotten as far as generating a Traffic Summary by Extension report on a manual basis and can email it fine, but what I'm trying to figure out is how to setup that same report to auto-run daily for a specific extension. I see the option to Customize Parameters in Automatic Generation/Alert under System Reports for the "Traffic Summary - Hour of Day" report, but I did not see a way to customize by specific extension. I've gotten as far as getting the default Traffic Summary report to email me daily, but need to adjust it to one specified extension.

Hey Rob,

I have a ccm with 4.1(3)sr7 version. I run traffic summary reports and see reports generated but do not see any INCOMING CALL in the hour of day report.

Notice that the report for 'Hour of Day' shows no data for incoming calls only internal and other....The other two reports show a variety of calls and actually come closer to the actual amount of traffic that I would see through a weeks time.

Do you know if there is a bug or an issue with Hour of day report.

Thanks

Kads

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: