cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Baseline template and compliance check in LMS 2.6

rsiegrist
Level 1
Level 1

I have to change all the SNMP strings on a large (3000+ devices) network. I want to use a Baseline Template to first check that the new strings have been applied and then check that the old strings are removed. I also need to ensure that the correct ACL is applied to each string. Using RME 4.0.5 user guide I have tried a Basic Template of + snmp-server community {string1} rw {acl#) and many variations of this. When I run it against a router that I know has {string1} the job returns a non-compliant result. Am I using the correct syntax Or what an I missing. Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming your string is "notprivate" and your ACL is 3, the syntax will be:

+ snmp-server community notprivate RW 3

Since it looks like that's what you did, it would be helpful to see the exact config and the exact baseline template. It may be that RME does not have the latest configuration archived for this device.

I'm a bit red faced...Thank you for curing my tunnel vision. As soon as I read your response I knew my error - "ro" vs "RO" Just to make sure I understand what I'm looking for:

+ snmp-server community newstring RO 3

- snmp-server community oldstring RO 3

in compliance = newstring applied AND oldstring removed

Correct.

Thank You

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: