Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 issue

twissam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a customer with Vg224 extension 2003 (connected to fax machine), the VG 224 is configured as MGCP.

lines are always hanging on the PSTN Voice gateway.

I have tried a lot of IOS on the VG224 with no success.

please note that no other lines are getting hanged on the voice gateway.

Attached are the config as well as some show commands

please advice.

Good day

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Your VG224 seems to be setup as H323 looking at the configs. Is your voice gateway (terminating your T1s or fxo lines to the PSTN ) configured as MGCP ?

If yes you need to enable the same type of protocol (fax passthrough or fax relay) on both ends to make faxing to work properly.

dial-peer voice 1 voip

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

MGCP gtwy:

mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi and thanks for your help,

the VG224 is in MGCP, i have added the Voip in order to force it to work in G711 (not sure even if it has affect); VG 224 is passthrough but Voice gateway is H323 and it is default so i beleive it must be fax relay.

I will give it a try and set the gateway to pass through even though the faxes are working (i mean i can send and receive faxes).

have you ever seen such that matching two dial peers before?

thanks again

Good day

Wilfred Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Is your PSTN Gateway running H.323 wth CCM and VG224 MGCP with CCM? you face this problem with incoming or outgoing or with both? Please ellaborate

so what do you suggest:

as you said i have the PSTN (voice gateway H323) and the VG224 (MGCP); i donno what you need to know more.

do you think moving the VG224 to SCCP will fix this!!!!

any way until know we have chaned the fax machine and until now it is working fine. (one day already, but never know)

Good day

Wissam,

I am sure your dial-peers in Voice gateway are pointed at CM. Lets test fax passthrough on both ends as follows.

On the voip dial-peer that points to the Callmanager, configure the modem passthrough command i posted earlier.

On the VG224, MGCP config, configure MGCP modem passthrough. Once you configure MGCP on VG224, you dont need voip dial-peers. (Unless you use a combination of H323 and MGCP in VG224).

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks a lot for the info.

Good day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: