CCNP

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2007
User Badges:

what is the best order of taking CCNP? What books and real routers do I have to have? I do have the following routers: 2509, 2520, 2*2501 and a 2950 catalyst switch.

What can I keep, take out or add?

Thank you for your help guys. I truly appreciate all of you in advance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
johnaceti Thu, 06/21/2007 - 07:40
User Badges:

I did switching first cause I am comfortable with them and access and configure them almost daily. I blasted throught that first shot.

Might as well dive into the 642-901 first since you have what you need for that test. BTW, you will probably need to flash those 2500's to get them to run ISIS.

CSCO10892433 Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:14
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

My suggestion:

Add one 2950 for the BCMSN exam. You will need at least 2 switches to practice a lot of features that will show up on this exam, like STP, VTP, etherchannel, etc.

Add one 3640 for the ISCW and ONT exams. It is affordable and support almost all the new features you will run into in these two exams. One reason for this is you can have 12.4 code on this router which is impossible for the 2500 series routers. Another reson, you might have heard form other forum members, is that configuring router by SDM becomes much more important in the new exams. 3640 supports SDM but 2500 doesn't.

As for the BSCI exam, the routers and switch you currently have are just fine. Make sure you know how to take advantage of the 2520 and 2950 config so that you can create whatever topology you want. So, I think the BSCI exam is the best choice you might want to take first for your CCNP certification.

HTH

SSLIN

bwgray Fri, 06/22/2007 - 04:32
User Badges:

I'd also make sure you have the correct IOS images for the routers, to run the protocols you will need for the labs, if you want to go through every lab...

EIGRP

OSPF

RIP v2

ISIS

BGP

IPv6

vmzyece1977 Sat, 06/23/2007 - 08:54
User Badges:

Thank you very much guys for your contributions. So, in what order must i take these exams, say after BSCI ?

Thank you!

aduchene Tue, 06/26/2007 - 12:12
User Badges:

It was suggested to me to take them in this order:

BCMSN - Start with the Layer 2 stuff

BSCI - Move onto layer 3-4

ISCW - WAN, security

ONT - optimize what you've built for performance/voip/video.

Studying this way seems to build on what you've learned from the previous test. It seems like a logical progression to me, and so far, so good. I'm scheduled for the ISCW test on July 13 (Friday for all you superstitious people out there!!)

Luis_saltron Tue, 06/26/2007 - 12:47
User Badges:

hola

buenas tardes

Escribo en esta oportunidad, para saber si tienen un simulador que me permita practicar con los protcolos de enrutamiento

saludos

Actions

This Discussion