cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5400 Prepaid design question

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to design a prepaid card design using AS5400. The AS5400 has a 16-E1 card to connect to the Internet. Then on the other side, I have 240 ADSL lines. My question is how do I integrate those ADSL lines to my AS5400 or do I need another box? If I need another box, what is it?

thanks

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 5200 will connect to the telephone network with the 16 E1 card. It will connect to the internet with the fast ethernet port.

If the adsl lines are already connected, you don't need anything else, but what the adsl lines have to do with the 5400?

You should have a radius server and database for authentication and accounting of the calls.

Thanks but my question is where or how do I terminate those 240 ADSL modem lines? Each one of those has RJ-11. The AS5400 does not have capacity or ports to accomodate them

Hello, the AS5400 does not terminate ADSL lines, to do that you need a DSLAM that is a totally different product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: