Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on a network-extension mode at EasyVPN Remote

ggalteroo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm not sure whether this question belongs to this category but...

On one end, an ASA 7.2(2), on the other, a 871 running 12.4(11)T2 AdvSecurity configured as EasyVPN Remote Network-Extension. This works fine but I cannot seem to find the way to set a CBWFQ to schedule outbound traffic at the branch side. I used VTIs and imported that inside client ezvpn configuration but there are no hits on class-map ACLs nor can I see any output at all from show commands.

The remote site's configuration is attached.

For the record, I get the following message even though the configurations is pretty much the same as the examples found at cisco.com.

Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing will be applied only to the Virtual-Access interfaces associated with an MLP bundle.

Could any of you give me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

It looks like bug to me, refer the bug-id: CSCdy05295

Thanks, Edgar

So, the message wasn't originally clear enough and it was rephrased to "Note: Class Based Weighted Fair Queueing supported on MLPPP bundle interface only." which is pretty much what I got. Anyway, just for testing, I reconfigured the branch side to a traditional crypto map scheme and applied QoS preclassification on it to make it work. Sadly, at the hub (ASA 5540) some IKE phase 1 issues arose and I got stuck again.

Aggressive mode is allowed at the branch (not explicitly denied) and a dynamic named L2L tunnel-group is configured at the hub. It should work but,...

Well, if you could come up with an alternative, I would very much like to hear it.

Thanks in advance,

Guido

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: