God ! why CCVP or voice is so difficult

Unanswered Question
Jun 19th, 2007

I'm working on the CCVP certification, the problem is, as I'm progressing I have the feeling that I'm forgetting the thing I have already learned. I passed QOS, CVOICE, and CIPT, and honestly I don't remember all the stuff I learned in CVOICE or QOS. I think it's due to the fact I'm not working in the IPT environnement (working in routing stuff only). VOice is very complicated, they are too many protocols that do roundabout the same things... CCNP is easier. is it normal to forget sometimes the things we've already learned !!!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
2pparish Tue, 06/19/2007 - 20:07

Yes my son. :)

Keep working hard and find multiple references...

Its hard to remember without hands on.

Get some voice equipment from Ebay.

Keep moving forward.

vmzyece1977 Mon, 07/09/2007 - 13:11

kayih ,

Hey, congatulations on passing the other exams and please dont give up. I need to knw the books and other resources you used to pass the exmas. Whats the best advice to give to a beginner.

Thank you,

odegbenga Mon, 07/16/2007 - 15:24

I know a lot of mates in your shoes, I am a CCIE and I have never deployed any IPT. So I went on ebay and bought myself a full Cisco Voice KIT. So By the time I am through with it, I am very sure I will be experienced in it beyond my years. I am having it much easier anyway. Because I have a flare for it, dont have any problems forgetting. But just hang on, the right challenge will come soon.

This Discussion