cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to manipulate phone configuration settings?

brian.stewart
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to have a softkey or service that will change the "TFTP Server 1" ip address setting and then reboot the phone so that the change takes effect.

Some background:

Our company is moving from IPCC 6 and Call Manager 3.3 to a Genesys contact center and Call Manager 4.2. While the migration is taking place, we have agents that will need to switch back and forth between the two contact centers(and thus, Call Manager clusters). We'd rather not have to supply two phones and having the users switch TFTP server ip addresses themselves has got to be a last resort...

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

-Brian Stewart

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is a a field in the DB (Device.XML) which contains may contain the phone configuration (and thus I think the TFTP servers), but the DB schema says it's not used so I'm not sure what to make of it.

It is however the only thing I'd even consider worth looking into - there's no API to set this kind of data because you're not supposed to have two clusters in the network and not use DHCP options to have the phone connect to the proper CCM.

bstettle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

on MyVoipSource.org you can find a open source "PhoneButtonEmulator" service. This service basically emulates a person pushing the menu keys and changing parameters such as network speed etc. With a little change, it should be working for TFTP Server settings too

Beat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: