cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.0.3 - Call routing design question

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small brokerage firm with a new CME 4.0.3 implementation. They would like one group (group A) of phones (5 phones) to all ring simultaniously when DID number 1000 is dialed. Each phone is this group may need to be able to handle up to three phone calls to DN 1000 simultaniously on the same phones (up to a total of fifteen calls to DN1000). Phone group B (another five phones) need to do the same for DID 1001. To boot, Phone group A needs to have the ability to pick up calls on hold in phone group B and vise-versa.

Lastly, Group B phones want to see a visual on calls coming into Group A but not ring and Vise Versa.

All are 7961s

This is what I'm thinking and I'm wondering if anyone has a better idea or way of doing such.

phone group A:

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 1000

huntstop channel

no huntstop

preference 1

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 1000

preference 2

hunststop channel

no hunstop

etc....Let's say up to ephone-dn15.

Likewise,

ephone-dn 16 dual-line

number 1001

no huntstop

huntstop channel

preference 1

etc...up to ephone-dn 30.

Group A:

ephone 1

button 1o1,2,3,4,5

button 2o6,7,8,9,10

button 3o11,12,13,14,15

button 4s16,17,18,19,20

ephone 2

The same

Group B phone

ephone 15

button 1o16,17,18,19,20

button 2o21,22,23,24,25

button 3o26,27,28,29,30

button 4s1,2,3,4,5

thoughts????

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

this won't work. Actually, many things that your customer wants will not work.

First, to make all phones ring at once, you do not create multiple ephone-dn with the same number. Doing so will have the calls go round robin across ephone-dn.

The way to do it, is to assign the same ephone-dn to multiple phones, in overlay on a button if necessary.

The next problem you will find, is that because ephone-dn have a maximum of two lines, you cannot handle more than two calls to the same number. Moreover, when a phone takes a call for the an ephone-dn, it will "become" hat ephone-dn.

The workaround is to setup a chain of ephone-dn that are single-line, each one having "call forward busy" to the next, each with a different number. All these ephone-dn will be assigned to the ephones via button overlay in the group.

This should satisfy the first requisite, but will not give them a queue of calls.

Note: life would be much easier with a regular hunt-group. If you set the timeout shorts, and give them login/logout buttons, the net effect is better than "ring blast".

They would be able to see how many calls there are in queue, get statistics, etc. understand this is not the method they are used to have. But you can try.

Hi

I have a similar requirement to Michael, but on a smaller scale. I have 1 number to ring two phones simutaneously, but the only difference is the phones need individual numbers and they are 7912's.

This is the config i think i need, if this works it should be ok for Mike to use.

voice-port 0/3/2

trunk-group 1

compand-type a-law

timeouts interdigit 4

connection plar opx 417 this is my incoming extension

ephone-dn 7 dual-line

number 417

description used for shared line 400,404

preference 1

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 400

preference 1

ephone-dn 5 dual-line

number 404

preference 1

ephone 1

mac-address 0018.BA74.2AD6

type 7912

button 1o1,7

ephone 5

mac-address 001B.53AD.61F4

type 7912

button 1o5,7

do you think this should work?

colin

Colin, yes, that should work.

You don't need to specify "preference", as all your numbers are different.

Hi

I configured my remote site as per my config above and tested ok. Both phones ring on 1 number.

Colin