cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mixed mode

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

What does mixed cluster mode mean in ccm 5.x?

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mixed mode is related to voice security. After you configure the CTL client, the cluster is in mixed mode meaning it can support both secure and non-secure devices. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b23ec.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Also note that once you convert your cluster to mixed mode, auto registration is disabled. You will need two usb keys for converting your cluster to mixed mode.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

1.so basically if I have enable any security feature, like srtp, signaling authentication, the 1st thing I need to do is to install the CTL on the pc and configure the cluster as mixed mode?

2.Do I have to keep the TCL pc on all time? Do they need to talk all the time or just one time work to distribute the certificate to the servers?

3. WHere do I get the tokens? Order from Cisco? Does Cisco needs server name, IP etc before they ship out the token? other words it that specific to one cluster or is same to any cluster?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: