cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Booting switch - Error loading

rileymartin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a used 2950 switch and when it boots I get a prompt that says 'switch:' and there's very few commands available. It appears that it might not have an IOS? I tried typing boot and this is the output:

switch: boot

Loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1c.bin"...flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.E

A1c.bin: no such file or directory

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1c.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.

Boot process failed...

2 Replies 2

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [PLS RATE if HELPS]

The below LINK will Fix your Problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Please Check below:

1.The switch: prompt indicates that the switch has not booted completely and requires the user to complete the boot process.

2. The error loading flash: message indicates that the switch failed to load an image because of a corrupt or missing image.

The corrupt or missing image can be the result of a failed download. In this case, the image has a bad checksum or a failed software upgrade, and the upgrade procedure was not followed properly. There is the possibility that the user deleted the image but did not replace the image. A boot variable can have been set incorrectly.

With a console session open, you see an error message that is similar to this:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"Normally, the switch attempts to automatically boot the next valid image in the Flash file system. Here is an example:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"

3.If there is no valid backup image from which to boot, the boot process fails completely. Here is an example:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"

Boot process failed...

Verify the above Link for Step-by-Step Recovery Procedure.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Thanks! That's exactly the information that I needed. As it turned out there was no image file in the flash. I was able to transfer one using hyperterminal and now it's up and running. Thanks again for you help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card