cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Booting switch - Error loading

rileymartin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a used 2950 switch and when it boots I get a prompt that says 'switch:' and there's very few commands available. It appears that it might not have an IOS? I tried typing boot and this is the output:

switch: boot

Loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1c.bin"...flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.E

A1c.bin: no such file or directory

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-13.EA1c.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.

Boot process failed...

2 Replies 2

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [PLS RATE if HELPS]

The below LINK will Fix your Problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

Please Check below:

1.The switch: prompt indicates that the switch has not booted completely and requires the user to complete the boot process.

2. The error loading flash: message indicates that the switch failed to load an image because of a corrupt or missing image.

The corrupt or missing image can be the result of a failed download. In this case, the image has a bad checksum or a failed software upgrade, and the upgrade procedure was not followed properly. There is the possibility that the user deleted the image but did not replace the image. A boot variable can have been set incorrectly.

With a console session open, you see an error message that is similar to this:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"Normally, the switch attempts to automatically boot the next valid image in the Flash file system. Here is an example:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"

3.If there is no valid backup image from which to boot, the boot process fails completely. Here is an example:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"

Boot process failed...

Verify the above Link for Step-by-Step Recovery Procedure.

PLS RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Thanks! That's exactly the information that I needed. As it turned out there was no image file in the flash. I was able to transfer one using hyperterminal and now it's up and running. Thanks again for you help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card