CCIE Written Expiration

Answered Question
Jun 19th, 2007

Hi All,

I have couple of questions with regards to the expiration of CCIE Written exams.

1. We know that you have to make your first attempt within 18 months of a passed Written exam. But what happens if you fail the lab? In that case for how long the CCIE Written exam will remain valid ? or how many attempts can you make on the lab exam ?

2. If answer to above is that results will expire after 18 months irrespective of the fact that you appeared for the lab or not, then does it mean that if you are unable to appear for the lab at all then there is some restriction on again appearing for the Written exam after 18 months.

OR in other words ...

If one is unable to appear for the lab then after 18 months his first results will expire. Is there a policy of when can one retake the CCIE(w) exam. I know if you fail you have to wait for five days, but if you have passed but couldnt appear for the lab; in that case is there any restriction ?

Thanks - Athar.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Edison Ortiz about 9 years 7 months ago

If you fail the lab, you must attempt the lab again within 12 months, else the written will expire.

You can have as many attempts as you want (there is a 30 day grace period between attempts) within 3 years. After 3 years, you must take the written again.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/exam/index.html

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
compsolv Wed, 06/20/2007 - 07:48

Yeah - I could not find policy information about this on the official site.

I seem to remember having the exact questions when I was getting ready, but I cannot clearly remember what happened.

Let me review what I do know and guess...

1. If you pass the written and do not try the lab in 18 months...you need to take and pass the written again.

2. You can try the Lab exam as many times as you like until you pass. I believe you need to wait 30 days between attempts.

3. I am almost positive that when you try and fail the lab - they add more time for you regarding the written expiration. I tried the lab exam and failed 4 times before I passed and I never had to worry about retaking the written - as I recall - they must have kept adding time.

4. If you fail the lab - you need to wait 30 days before you can take it again I believe.

5. If you pass the written - they will not let you take it again for 180 days.

I hope this post helps you, and I look forward to helping you more in your exciting journey.

Anthony J. Sequeira

TESTiT - CCIE Written Prep

http://www.netmasterclass.com/site/written.php

Actions

This Discussion