WLSE device management in RME

Answered Question
Jun 19th, 2007

Are backups of a WLSE device supported in LMS 2.6? I know WLSE's have their own built-in TFTP/SCP configured backups but would like to manage this via LMS.

I've noticed that I can managed WLSE devices in CiscoWorks LMS 2.6. I have been able to add two WLSE devices (a 1030 and 1133) but am having trouble getting RME to back up the device configuration. The error I receive is that a config archive failed - check device credentials.

I have entered the correct credentials, and a device credential check verifies the SNMP read and Telnet work. However the SNMP read/write comes back with not supported, and the Enable by Telnet does not try.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 9 years 8 months ago

WLSE config collection is supported with RME 4.0.5. RME requires that the WLSE be running 2.13 or later for config fetch to work. It will use a mix of telnet or SSH plus either HTTP or HTTPS to fetch the config. Therefore, you need to enter both primary credentials AND HTTP/HTTPS credentials for your WLSE devices.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Tue, 06/19/2007 - 22:53

WLSE config collection is supported with RME 4.0.5. RME requires that the WLSE be running 2.13 or later for config fetch to work. It will use a mix of telnet or SSH plus either HTTP or HTTPS to fetch the config. Therefore, you need to enter both primary credentials AND HTTP/HTTPS credentials for your WLSE devices.

muttman15 Wed, 06/20/2007 - 17:14

Thanks again!

It was the HTTP settings that I had to enable. Also I had to make sure HTTP was enabled as part of the Transport settings under Config Management.

Actions

This Discussion