cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

l2 reduantancy

upendra07
Level 1
Level 1

I have two l2 switches.one l2 to other l2 pull two utp cables when one goes down second will up automatic.see the attachment

13 Replies 13

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Upendra,

you can make of both the ports to run at the same time by achieving 2Gbps with the help of configuring etherchannelling.

here is the config.

interface gi 0/1

channel-group 1 mode on

interface gi 0/2

channel-group 1 mode on

by issuing this command automatically a virtual port will be created

interface port-channel 1

same command issue on the other side of the switch, by doing this, even if cable fails the other will take care automatically without any downtime.

Dear

Thanks,

i configure on one l2 or two l2

both side switches, i have mentioned clearly in my previous post.

Dear

our present network is this type i attach

can you suggest for failover and improve network speed.

Thanks in aedvance,

Dear

our present network is this type i attach

can you suggest for failover and improve network speed.

Thanks in aedvance,

Hi Upendra,

gone thru the diagram, did u configured any vlans on ur network? how any PC's are there on the network, this diagram which you have sent, definetly will create loop. what i would suggest is connect all the 2960 switches to 3750, so that 3750 switch becomes the core switch.

any thing else lemme know, so that i can suggest more.

yes

dear

we have 20 vlan on 3750(L3 switch).700 pcs in our network.as per my diagram i want configure failover.When one link is goes down my network follow another link

you thinking about only the link failure between the switches, but you should also consider what happens if the main switch itself fails(3750), so as suggested, configure etherchannel between the switches, also i would advice you to have additional 3750 & configure HSRP, make sure that you the current setup & point all you access switches to 3750.

Dear

We have 375012s-E and 375024Ts in stack.

I ordered new 24ts our planing is we connect this switch in stack.AS per diagram i want to configure failover mode for all switches.

k, what i would prefer is, stack all the 3750's, then connect all your 2960's with 2 cables, by creating etherchannel, like connecting 1 cable on 1 of the 3750 & the other on the other 3750 switches, bcoz stacking multiple 3750's will act as single switch virtually.

Dear

I want ot configure stp

AS per diagram can you tell me how can i setup stp in my network

yeah you can have STP configured.

how can i do

as per my diagram pl.suggest

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: