Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to console or telnet to Cat6509 SW

engraed96
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've cat6509 SW &it was working fine but someone by mistake has modified the setting for telnet &console access right(set access list to deny any access) &now no one can access to the switch but i only able to telnet to the MSFC so is there anyway to access to the switch through MSFC or anyway to break the password for console for the switch without lossing the current running config since we are not sure if it is saved in the start up config ?

by the way ,i've new cat6509 SW which we are going to intall it as redundency for the currnt core SW

4 Replies 4

sjanke
Level 1
Level 1

Do you SNMP RW access configured on the switch? If so you can use cisco snmp tool, google it so you will find the dwnld. I have used this tool a couple of times for password recovery when SNMP is configured.

also you check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_password_recoveries_list.html

Do you have SNMP RW access configured on the switch? If so you can use cisco snmp tool, google it so you will find the dwnld. I have used this tool a couple of times for password recovery when SNMP is configured.

also you check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_password_recoveries_list.html

Thanks for your response

I'll try to use it

Best Regards,

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, however I'm still not convinced that with an ACL you could possibly lock out the Con port? (As there is no IP involved over there, its mere RS232 Signalling!)

May I know what is the response you get whenever you try to connect the SW through Console?

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card