IPCC Express - BARS failure

Unanswered Question
Jun 20th, 2007

Guys,

Currently running version 4.0 (4) SR01_Build 029 & CCM 4.1(3).

I have added a new device profile on our CallManager and add a new directory number.

I have added a new user and associated this user with the new device profile leaving No ICD Extension blank.

I have then logged on to the CRS and noted that after around 24 hours the new users appear within application admin/resources within the CRS.

At this point I try and assign skills to the agents and receive the following error ' error while handling the input request - backup '.

Googling the error message indications point to a failure on the BARS backup. It may have corrupted the LDAP directory which prevents any new changes.

When you log on to BARS the status of it shows error ' unable to process archive component: com.cisco.archive.impl.component.cluster.ClusterArchiveComponent; nested exception is: com.cisco.archive.ArchiveException: Failed to load cluster bootstrap from LDAP; nested exception is: com.cisco.config.util.ConfigComponentException: Could not load configuration; nested exception is: com.cisco.wfframework.repository.RepositoryException: Could not establish connection to any LDAP server.

At this point I looked at the Event Viewer and noted the following error message' No free connection control blocks - connection refused this indicates that the maximum number of simulatenous TCP/IP has been reached.

Any ideas why/what to do barr restarting CTI manager service on the CCM?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Wed, 07/09/2008 - 04:51

for anyone else looking at this, you need to follow this doc to clear the failed backup so changes can be made to your CRS server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00808313bf.shtml

I recommend doing the last option of obtaining a copy of ClearArchive.exe from TAC. It's a 1 second double click and your done fix.

On the other hand, I still do not know the resolution to the BARS failure.

I am receiving the same "No free connection control blocks" App Log errors from DC Directory around the time of the BARS failure.

Any updates to this post would be nice.

Let's stop leaving so many posts unanswered.

joshthompson Wed, 07/09/2008 - 05:40

Not that it really helps your case any, but I too had the same "No free connection control blocks" issue and went to TAC about it. They said that it is a known issue with DC Directory in which it does not correctly free up resources. This will basically fill up all the available connections and cause you to not be able to log into CRA and I would assume prevent BARS from backing it up. Their solution was to use a new release of IPCC/UCCX or restart DC Directory at regular intervals to free up the hung connections.

Actions

This Discussion