Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to telnnet or connect through console port

engraed96
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've cat6509 SW &it was working fine but someone by mistake has modified the setting for telnet &console access right(set access list to deny any access) &now no one can access to the switch but i only able to telnet to the MSFC so is there anyway to access to the switch through MSFC or anyway to break the password for console for the switch without lossing the current running config since we are not sure if it is saved in the start up config ?

by the way ,i've new cat6509 SW which we are going to intall it as redundency for the currnt core SW

4 Replies 4

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

You can use the console port to perform the initial configuration. To connect the switch console port to a PC, use the supplied RJ-45-to-DB-9 adapter cable.

Before you power on the switch, start the terminal-emulation session so that you can see the output display from the power-on self-test (POST).

The terminal-emulation software?frequently a PC application such as Hyperterminal or ProcommPlus?makes communication between the switch and your PC or terminal possible

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5532/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008080e1bb.html#wp11

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

In my opinion you have to perform the password recovery procedure.

You can find more info about this procedure on cisco.com

Hi ,

Very big problem for you,i would suggest you that install and configure new 6509 switch and shift whole network to newly installed 6509 switch,after that you can break password of old switch.I hope this is the only way ,to get out of the problem.Kindly revert .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: