cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN clients unable to ping devices in the management subnet

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

VPN clients are able to ping all devices on the network BUT those located in the management subnet. My ASA has a direct connection to the management interface and therefore the subnet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good one too, take it off (management-only)

and if you want to access the own firewall at management ip you have to issue the global command management-access management

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have you created an nat exempt for management network?

thanks for the quick reply. I have the following nat exempt:

access-list nonat extended permit ip any 172.16.250.0 255.255.255.0

the subnet above is for the VPN clients.

Even you though you have the permit any to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX and the xxx is the vpn network you have to apply the nat exempt in the management interface, the exempt are not globaly aplied, it's for each interface, so if you have only one exempt created it's prety much the problem

I am not sure that I am following you. Are you saying to add the following:

nat (management) 0 access-list nonat

or

nat (management) 1 access-list nonat

nat (management) 0 access-list nonat And if you have an split tunnel at the tunnel you have to put the management network to be tunneled, you can verify that at the client when you connect. you can right cliek the lock icon go to statistics than route and see which networks are going through the tunnel.

Thanks. However, that did not work.

It should!

Is the interface management-only?

Yes, the interface is management only.

nameif management

security-level 100

ip address 10.0.255.251 255.255.255.0 standby 10.0.255.252

management-only

Good one too, take it off (management-only)

and if you want to access the own firewall at management ip you have to issue the global command management-access management

Thanks much both for your inputs.

I thought I brought up the "management-only"?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: