Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Remove Metal Casing for Cisco 1924 Switch

Steven-Edouard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I just bought a Cisco 1924 switch and would like to check out its insides but I can't seem to work out how to remove the metal cover.

I have removed all the visable screws and have also checked out the Cisco Support site and Internet but considering that the 1924 switch is an end of line product, I'm finding it extremely to find any support resources for the 1924 switch.

I don't really want to force it open as I don't want to crack or snap anything.

Thanks all

two5om

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hey Steven,

No extra work, just remove all the visible screws and then try to smoothly slide the metal cover, its is most probably just stuck, try gently freeing it.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi Mohammed,

Still haven't had any luck.

Really tough to remove that cover.

Tried to wedge a screw driver in the gaps to try and loosen it a little but it still won't budge. :(

Very stubborn.

I was hoping that Cisco would have had some sort of a guide for eg: "Upgrading hardware for 1900 Switches" but I found nothing.

Steve

Hi,

Here you are the Catalyst 1900 Series Installation and Configuration Guide, but unfortunately it doesn't contain how to remove the metal cover, please try to softly remove it, try to move it to the back before lifting it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2900xl_3500xl/catalyst1900_2820/version9.00.00/icgf/19icinst.html

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card