WLSE Template problem

Unanswered Question
Jun 20th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello,

I've been developing a template for 1242 access points (will use different models in the future) and i'm having some problems with the "power" settings under the "System config" tab.

The 1242 needs more info on the power injector to operate. If it doesn't know about the injector then it disables the radio.

You can bypass this with the command:

power inline injector override

This command was introduced around 12.3(11)xxx IOS, and is only found in the 12.4 IOS documentation. The problem is that WLSE doesn't allow you to configure that option.

I know that you can do it with "custom values", but the problem is that i've already selected another option in the template, and the only way to remove this (and MANY other "optional" options) is to start again with a blank template and build it up again.

2 questions:

Can i enable this command through the template without using the "custom values"

How do you remove or "unselect/disable" a command that you've already selected. I had the same problem if you tell the template to configure the ethernet port as either static IP or DHCP, you then can't go back and tell it NOT to config the LAN IP of the device. Reason i needed to do this is i only have 1 AP at each site/subnet, and decided to set the LAN IP address manually.

Any help would be appreciated - i'm running WLSE 2.13.1u (2.13.1FCS)

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network