cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista Drivers/software for AIR-CB21

chris.rosan
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me when/if Cisco will release drivers for the above card? The specific model i have is AIR-CB21AG-A-K9. I bought it to use with my new laptop for site survey's etc, and it DOESN'T WORK

4 Replies 4

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Chris.

The only current support is on WinXP and Win2k.

There has been an enhancement request filed for this under bug id CSCsi91460 which you can track via the bug toolkit. I have no eta as to when this will be avialable.

HTH,

-Joe

bill
Level 1
Level 1

I plan to do site survey's with this card. I had to buy a new laptop and I did not plan on this. I hope a software upgrade is out soon.

Bill

Bill,

Exactly what I planned to do with it.

We found some drivers on the internet that worked for the card, but the site survey still doesn't work. I ended up grabbing a spare old laptop that ran XP to do the first survey. I'm contemplating dual booting XP as i have other applications that don't work on Vista (not related to Cisco). Anyone have any experience dual booting XP? My laptop is a HP that auto installs and auto recovers so i have to install vista first.

I was thinking about that I hear of many problems. I tried MS Virtual PC on the Vista laptop and PC Card is not supported. I was planning on getting another hard drive for my laptop, but I do not think I can get XP Pro drivers for my laptop, I'll look first. Maybe I look for a old laptop that has XP Pro and PC Card slot.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card