cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista Drivers/software for AIR-CB21

chris.rosan
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me when/if Cisco will release drivers for the above card? The specific model i have is AIR-CB21AG-A-K9. I bought it to use with my new laptop for site survey's etc, and it DOESN'T WORK

4 Replies 4

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Chris.

The only current support is on WinXP and Win2k.

There has been an enhancement request filed for this under bug id CSCsi91460 which you can track via the bug toolkit. I have no eta as to when this will be avialable.

HTH,

-Joe

bill
Level 1
Level 1

I plan to do site survey's with this card. I had to buy a new laptop and I did not plan on this. I hope a software upgrade is out soon.

Bill

Bill,

Exactly what I planned to do with it.

We found some drivers on the internet that worked for the card, but the site survey still doesn't work. I ended up grabbing a spare old laptop that ran XP to do the first survey. I'm contemplating dual booting XP as i have other applications that don't work on Vista (not related to Cisco). Anyone have any experience dual booting XP? My laptop is a HP that auto installs and auto recovers so i have to install vista first.

I was thinking about that I hear of many problems. I tried MS Virtual PC on the Vista laptop and PC Card is not supported. I was planning on getting another hard drive for my laptop, but I do not think I can get XP Pro drivers for my laptop, I'll look first. Maybe I look for a old laptop that has XP Pro and PC Card slot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: